08 December 2012

Christmas House Tour




Welcome to Butterfly Bungalow.
I can't really say I did this on a budget, because I've collected what I love for over twenty years.

The Entrance

But I only spent thirteen dollars this year.  I was so excited to decorate this year, because last year we had packed it up for a move.  We felt so joyous and thankful to know we are settled and happy.
The wreath I had. It needed a new ribbon. Polka Dot Ribbon from Hobby Lobby $5 dollars

Chanticleer is peeking out the window,  as we peek in.
I've had him for years.  Someone loves roosters.

The Tree




The Angel is preparing her flute.  It's just a piece of wood that broke off an Alivan wand, and I made it into a flute.


Artisans' handmade ornaments of tin, clay, glass, and paper.

It might be a Haydn concerto.


Chantileer looks like he is enjoying the music.

My mother gave me this Fontinini Nativity piece by piece, one figure each year, except for the family.


The Dining Room Table From the Carport With a Little Greenery and



Angels Waiting
and my daughter's Nutcracker plates standing guard for a treat.



Moravian Star Lantern

Swedish Lantern  two at $4 each from Ikea
It is the most peaceful carport I've ever seen. LOL


Child's Room
Advent Calendar



A red sash from one of my daughter's dresses to dress a slipcover...

A needlepoint stocking made by my mother.  The throw is just a  pretty towel.




Sheep and Angels

Master
My Moravian Star is up year round.

This room is easily transformed because of the red, green, white and gold.


If one looks closely our library has angels on the shelves and about the room.  I have a tree, but the photo didn't come out.  I probably could do more with this room next Christmas.
Did you notice that I am obsessed with stars, angels, and roosters?
Our secret is to collect what we love.  Don't you think it seems to look beautiful together when you do? A lot of the angels I have out all year round.  I just move them around.
So over twenty years of collecting meant I only spent thirteen dollars this year.

Sharing With:
The Inspired Room Christmas House Tours 2012

Creative Cain Cabin's Christmas Decorating on a Budget Party


.jenniferrizzo.com's Welcome to Holiday House Walk 2012



Savvy Southern Style's WOW Us Wednesdays
and

Funky Junk Interiors





7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful home with such wonderful holiday touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly amazing how you have been able to transform your home. When I look at the "before" pictures, I can see you are truly a creative spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aly. What a beautiful complement to receive. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your beautiful family.

      Delete
  3. Such pretty pictures! I love how your dining room looks through the door of the carport-such a fun picture!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking your beautiful home to up at the Cabin this week. I love your chandy, is is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su