05 December 2012

Carport Reveal

I've been working on projects all week, so now I am getting caught up my posts.

Do you like to use space differently?
In my opinion, small homes and cottages almost require one to use space differently.

Before

This is the new view off my kitchen from my new doo.
It was an eyesore out that door until I replaced it with this one and fixed this space up.
This is a sheltered area off the carport where we can now sit and have a bite or a cup of tea.
I painted in SW's whitest white for exteriors in semi-gloss.  They mix it for you, because it is not a stock color.

I will probably place a small tablescape on the table, but right now the base it is still setting.  
I had to glue a piece of the base on, because it broke during the move.  Years and years ago I found this at Ballards.  I have cushions, but the cats have been lounging all over them,
and I'm sensitive to the dander.

One could put battery tea lights in these or greenery.

I have two of these, and they alternate with the stars.  I might put a shell in each one.
These came from IKEA.  I think they were four dollars.

This is a retablo painted by an unknown folk artist from Mexico.

Have you tried something different?

A carport can be pretty and
still a nice place to park a car too.  There is enough room that it is not near the seating area.

This old house is small, but it has so many nooks and crannies that it is fun trying to figure out ways to use the space.






4 comments:

  1. I love your use of space, very clever! I'd do that over parking a car there any day. I absolutely love the painting. It brings a sense of peace to the area and the colors are so rich. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the folk art is amazing!!!

    hope you'll find a moment to stop by (if you haven't already!) and enter a giveaway i am hosting: http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

    smiles and happy weekend to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su