21 November 2012

Gluten-Free Cornbread

I was featured!
Potato-Pear Soup
Thank you, Judy.
Join her party!




Gluten-free Cornbread


I used Safeway brand cornmeal and modified their recipe on the bag.

2 cups of Safeway cornmeal

1 cup of rice flour
4tsp baking powder
1/4 cup of sugar
1tbs xanthan gum  (this binds it)
1tsp salt


2 beaten eggs
1 cup of milk 
1/4 cup of Blue Bonnet margarine

Sift the dry ingredients
Mix the wet ingredients
And then mix them together.

Pour into a greased pan 9x9x2
And bake 20 minutes at 425 F or until toothpick comes out clean

Sometimes I substitute the milk, but that's an individual thing;
For me, coconut milk in a can or soy milk doesn't seem to alter the taste, but almond does.
Rice milk as well as the coconut milk that comes in a carton is too thin.

Serve with either butter, maple syrup, honey, or raspberry jam.

Sharing with:

DIY by Design Fall Into Fall 92

and
UndertheTableandDreaming 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su