17 November 2012

Girl's Room for Christmas

I'm decorating for Christmas.

My daughter's room has a eclectic mix of Swedish and country French furniture, and it looks so pretty with a bit of red.  This is a smaller home than our last home, so I had lots of decorations to go around.

 Some deer, a sheep, an angel, a tin boot, and Santa Claus...


 A saying from a favorite special...


 A hat from Grandma...


 This is her Advent calendar.  Inside each little door is a verse of scripture, a piece of candy, and sometimes an activity.  My mom made the rabbit, and we put a red ribbon on him.


A satin sash for a slipcovered seat...  It came from one her performance dresses.


  The camera doesn't show that the garland is red and white.


My mom made the needlepoint stocking.  It's amazing!  Tiny, tiny, stitches perfectly formed!  She is amazing.   And a couple of wooden snowflakes for the cupboard doors... makes it festive.


Sharing With:

Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch

and
The Dedicated House

and

Creative Cain Cabin Decorating on a Budget

and

Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday




6 comments:

  1. Your daughter's room looks so pretty fo Christmas. I've never decorated the bedrooms for Christmas before, but I love the idea of doing so. I may have to try that this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. She is happy with the result. This home is much smaller than our last home, so I had lots of decorations to go around.

      The sash on the chair is from one of her dresses. On her first Christmas, I bought the wooden Advent tree from PB.

      Delete
  2. LOVE THE WAY YOU HAVE THE ROOM DECORATED! fit for a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off I just started following you, not sure how I missed your blog, but somehow did. Second thank you for linking up the party tonight. Third, the room is just darling, I love the cottage feel it has.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su