02 November 2012

Dia de Los Muertos


I've been sick this week, and I have been napping; that's something I never do!  
The other day I awoke from a nap to find a little shrine erected.  My daughter remembered that the day after Halloween is followed by Dia de Los Muertos, All Saints Day, and All Souls Day.  While I was sleeping, she gathered photos of four family members, and had written a line or two about each of them and what they taught her about life.  
It was beautiful and I shed a tear or two.  This quote was placed above and higher than the photos and the memories she had placed in her shrine.





"Unable are the Loved to Die, for Love is Immortality."
Emily Dickinson




5 comments:

  1. Your daughter is a very special young lady. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your visit to my blog.
    you have a very lovely place here and your daughter is so sweet.
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is such a sweetheart! I hope that you're feeling better. I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gorgeous quote - I love it. Much needed inspiration on this Monday :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sorella, I'll tell my daughter.

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su