17 October 2012

Chair One Vignette



I am on a chair refinishing kick.
My daughter has four of these, and in four different colors; they use to be around a play table that I gave to Salvation Army.   My spouse found them just the right height to put up gutters on the back of the house, but then the chairs remained outside all summer and the finishes were ruined.  

This one was originally a dark, cinnamon finish, but the sun faded it.  I sanded the wood down to make the finish smooth again, and in some spots I sanded to bare wood, and then I waxed it with Johnson's Wax.
It now has a warm ambers, beech, and honey colors and, and it looks pretty sitting in front of my daughter's white dress-up truck in the library.  It picks up all the whites in the room warming it up.

After Thanksgiving, I am going to place a stack of our Christmas picture books on it.
We have a tradition of reading through as many as we can before the 25th approaches.

Sunny Simple Life

Sharing at White Wednesdays at





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su