19 August 2012

Porch Stripes

Painting this house is quite a project with all the nooks and crannies there is so much surface area, and with uncooperative weather,  meaning hot, we have been painting it ourselves for several months.

This week we worked on painting the porch ceiling.  
At first I thought just blue, but then I thought she needed something whimsical.
Stripes.

I painted them lengthwise, because
I wanted to emphasize the length rather than the depth of the porch.  
It looks updated, fun, and cheerful.
It makes people smile when they step on our porch.
They are SW Rain and their whitest white which must also be prepared.

Sharing with:

Home Spun Happenings's Rustic Restorations Weekend



Code:
I'm a Fan of My 1929 Charmer Blog!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your porch stripes are so pretty - love the blue color. This must of been very tedious to do. I just finished stenciling a stairway wall and that was so painfully tedious. Very pretty and so worth it! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. It was a bit tedious!

      Delete
  2. Wow! It looks fantastic! Thank you so much for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su