14 July 2012

How to Make a Bun


My daughter is required to wear her hair in a bun for dance, so I have come up with several bun variations.  This one looks like a flower.  Here's how I did it.

I pulled all the hair straight back into a ponytail which I tied in the center.

Next, I divided the ponytail into two strands that I twisted around each other; I call it a rope braid.

Once the hair is a in a rope, I make a knot that forms the bun circle, and then I secure that circle with bobby-pins: N, S, E, and W.  Next, I continue twisting the hair around that circle securing it with as many pins as needed.  (Unfortunately, if it is a ballet day I have to add a net.)

We also put her hair in a bun for formal piano recitals and performances.  It is an elegant look.  This is a side bun.


But it looks pretty when she wore it down in this Ember Embrace video,

yes sometimes pianists prefer drama.

Hair Effects


Sharing At:





8 comments:

  1. Your daughter is darling and looks good in all those hair styles! I especially like the last one with the boots!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boots photo is my favorite too, and I love that dress. My spouse had taken her shopping and she insisted on that dress even though he didn't like it.

      Delete
  2. She is gorgeous! thanks so much for this, i wanted to try a bun for quite a while but was never sure quite how to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is just beautiful and I love all the hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you give any further detail about this bun? I'm not sure what you mean by making a knot and then twisting it around. I'm very new to all this! But my daughter loves fashion (she's 4) and I used to wear combat boots to church with my dress so i could play basketball!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su