13 July 2012

Before and After Door

AFTER

I'm showing it, though it is not finished, but it is an improvement over the previous.





So the first photo is the new door.
that we installed.  It looks expensive, but it came from the Home Depot and it was only a couple of hundred.  We tried  a door place; they were just so snotty; why I should spend 1000+ to have a thicker door?  I'm sorry, but a more expensive door does not increase the value much, only the emotional value, besides a beautiful, custom door probably won't fit any where  here.  Been there, done that, 2x...  One time I even designed it.

Any attractive door fitting in style to the home, painted or stained in an attractive color would increase the curb appeal in this case.


So, we painted the inside of the door today.
The color is Sherwin-Williams "silvermist".
I like the color, so we decided to leave it and touch up where it peeled.

We still have to trim out the door, hardware stores sell a kit to make it simple, but my husband can do it without.


THE BEFORE
It is the only door we did not restore.  I wonder why? Isn't the mailbox "classic"?
Anything we put here would have increased the curb appeal.  

It was getting dark and I walked across the floor to turn on the light so we could finish the door, and my spouse heard me yell,
"OW, OW, OW!!!"  Multiple "Pet Shops" were strewn all over the rug, and I did not see them.



Here is the culprit: the "Chick Filet" cow.  A friend told  her about their promotion to "eat more chicken".  If one dressed as a cow her or she would receive a free meal.