22 June 2012

Just a Stream of Consiousness

I blogged for five years up until about year ago.  During that time I developed a small, loyal readership, and some of the people I met through blogging are real friends.  But my new blog is different in that I am blogging my interests and hobbies: home, decor, DIY, and remodeling.

But I didn't want to leave out learning because my daughter is still at home, so I relegated homeschooling to its own page Explorative Learning. Besides my daughter writes and is capable of writing about her own learning.

I have not announced my new endeavor to  my former audience because I am not sure it would interest them.


Today I worked on trying to make a new header.  
So far I have only made one, but this is not "it". 



Today I  was working on another project involving electrical conduit that is not ready for a reveal.  

While I was out running errands and taking my child to her summer program  I stopped to get a ONE dollar drink at Burger King.  All small drinks are ONE dollar between 2 and 5 p.m.  

Kids LOVE it! Their mango drink is refreshing, and their frozen, coffee mocha is pretty good too.  
I am not a snob about calories. ( I guess it is easy to say because I am thin.) 


But in my mind moderation is key.  

I also realize that finances are tight for many these days.  Not everyone can get their child to a fancy camp or take a vacation.  Once a week.... This could be fun... 
 Converse with your child; get drinks to go, and head to the park.

What do you do that is inexpensive?



3 comments:

  1. Hello there old friend!
    I stumbled upon your new blog and you can imagine my surprise and delight. Your renovations are amazing, truly. We are planning to put our house on the market this summer and its very likely we'll purchase something that needs a little "loving". I look forward to seeing all your changes with hopes it will inspire me in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aly! Good to hear from you.

      Now that we are getting settled after a busy and stressful time, I started a new blog. I look forward to catching up.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Aly! Good to hear from you.

    Now that we are getting settled after a busy and stressful time, I started a new blog. I look forward to catching up.

    S

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su