18 June 2012

Decorating With Books







I Gotta Try That

This is an EASY and inexpensive decorating idea!


I chose a worn, illustrated copy of my child's favorite book: Alice in Wonderland and then I removed the pages with an exacto-knife.


Next, I anchored an IKEA gallery, display wire along the top of the ceiling. ( I could of put it into the top of the wall as well, but this looked cooler.)  I also chose to put it high for safety reasons; it is a child's room.

Next,  I arranged and hung the pages on some clips that I picked up next to the IKEA wire.   These particular clips hang by gravity.  Sometimes the images move a bit or bunch with the air conditioning, but that is part of the charm. ( I have used this same method to create a gallery in a studio.)

The paint on the wall is Sherwin Williams' Silvermist.


This decorating project would work nicely with sheets of music, comic book images,family photos, etcetera.  Here's a photo.  These images are in the public domain.  I think the entire project was less than 15 dollars.

Enjoy, sjohnson



Room in Progress





6 comments:

  1. How lovely! What a dreamy room. Visiting from Common Ground. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Wishing you a grand weekend. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. So cute and inexpensive. Please come share it on my linky party!
    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
    Thanks,
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! The book pages can be changed out with so many things - making it a very versatile wall decoration. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope you'll join the fun each week. Be sure to stop in tonight, and see yourself featured!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to visit and leave a kind message today. I love to visit your blogs too, and I do when I can link back. xoxo Su