29 June 2012

How to Make a Canopy From Curtain Rods



I shared this at:


The Brambleberry Cottage



I'm a Fan of My 1929 Charmer Blog!


and


How to Make a Canopy From Curtain Rods


This is a post from my retired blog, and it is a combined post from 2007 and 2009 on how to make a simple, but pretty bed canopy from inexpensive curtain rods found at box stores.


My daughter has a beautiful bed, but she wants a canopy bed, so I turned to curtain rods from Target and Walmart.

I decided to mix two different kind of rods from two different stores to get the look I wanted.  One style had the hardware to hang the rods from the ceiling and the other style had the pretty finials.  So I combined them to make one set.  Both sets were the same manufacturer, but one might have to change the finials screws if for some reason they don't fit the other set.

We measured where we wanted to go and then we attached two rods with the finials to the ceiling with the clip rings on them.  Then we hung the curtains.  Clip rings make it easy to take the curtains down for cleaning or change them for style.




 I painted the clouds on the ceiling some years ago; they don't show up well in the photo.

One could extend the rods to create a full canopy and then use four curtains;  I didn't because I did not have enough clearance due to a decorative ceiling fan.


My daughter can un-loop the curtains from the tie backs to create  a cozy reading nook.  She loves the translucent curtains because, "they sparkle like fairies when the light shines through." 

(With the left over rod parts, I did another project which I will show another time.)



Here it is again in 2009 with a different curtain arrangement.



With help from my spouse we put two sheers length wise over the bed, and then hung two as curtains.

I could of also done a more traditional look by hanging four panels, one from each corner.

10 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! I am not surprised your daughter loves it! Thanks for your lovely comment. Yes, I am having so much fun with Eva at the moment! Actually quite looking forward to her becoming a teenager :-).
    have a lovely weekend
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! It is so pretty :).

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mrs. Delightful. What a cute name!

      Delete
  3. What a clever girl you are. I love this idea and it makes me think I really can make some kind of sheer cover for my little nook of a bed. Thanks and I'll keep reading - your ideas are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do аgree with all the ideas you've offered on your post. They're νery сοnvincing and can dеfinitelу
    woгκ. Νonetheless, the postѕ are νeгy bгiеf for ѕtartеrs.
    May just you please pгоlong thеm а
    little from subѕеquent time? Thаnkѕ for thе post.


    My web blοg - Eternity rings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in fact grаteful to the owneг
    of this web site ωho has ѕhared this fantastiс post аt at
    this plaсe.

    Alѕo ѵіѕіt my weblоg; chlamydia test

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what you guyѕ tend to be up too. This
    kіnd оf cleνеr work anԁ rеρorting!
    Κeеp uр the аmazin g ωoгks guуѕ
    I’νe incorporatеd you guуs tо my personal blogrοll.


    Fеel fгeе tο vіѕit my web page :
    : losing weight after 50

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That is so pretty, the entire room is just so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Such a fabulous idea. Hugs, Beverly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!